Quick As A Wink Theatre Society presents Annie, The Musical.
Directed by Thea Burton, starring Hannah Moore as Annie, little orphan Annie charms everyone's hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. She is determined to find her parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of a New York City Orphanage run by the cruel, embittered Miss Hannigan (Jemita Aucoin). With the help of the other girls in the Orphanage, Annie escapes to the wondrous world of NYC. In adventure after fun-filled adventure, Annie foils Miss Hannigan's evil machinations and even befriends President Franklin Delano Roosevelt (Ray Baltzer). She finds a new home and family in billionaire Oliver Warbucks (Steve Roe), his personal secretary Grace Farrell (Kerry Lawrence), and a lovable mutt named Sandy.
Tickets are $20 for adults, $16 for Students and Seniors, and $12 for Children 12 and under. Season Tickets are available for the entire 2016 season, which includes four shows: Annie, 5 Women Wearing the Same Dress, The Little Mermaid, and Into the Woods. You can purchase tickets at Moe's Place Music Sales on Gerrish Street in Windsor or by phoning 902-798-5565. Tickets may also be purchased online at QAAW.ca. Tickets will go on sale in December 2015.
There will be a special pay it forward performance on Thursday, January 14, 2016. You can find out more about the Pay It Forward program and how you can help fellow community members experience live theatre and performing arts by clicking here.
Annie opens January 15, 2016 at 7 p.m. The schedule follows.
- Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 7 p.m. Pay It Forward Performance (not open to the public)
- Friday, January 15, 2016 at 7 p.m.; Doors open at 6:15 p.m.
- Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 2 p.m.; Doors open at 1:15 p.m.
- Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 7 p.m.; Doors open at 6:15 p.m.
- Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 2 p.m.; Doors open at 1:15 p.m.
- Friday, January 22, 2016 at 7 p.m.; Doors open at 6:15 p.m.
- Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 2 p.m.; Doors open at 1:15 p.m.
- Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 7 p.m.; Doors open at 6:15 p.m.