Auditions for Shrek the Musical
Shrek the Musical
music by Jeanine Tesori
Book and Lyrics by David Lindsay-Abaire
based on the Dreamworks Animation MOtion Picture and the Book by William Steig
Shrek The Musical is presented through special arrangement with music theatre international (mti)
all authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI
Quick As A Wink Theatre Society is holding open auditions for their upcoming production of Shrek.
Do you believe in fairy tales? What about fractured fairy tales? Well, come along for the ride of your life as Quick As A Wink Theatre Society stages the Tony-winning hit musical Shrek the Musical this October! Director Mike Butler and his whimsical, wonderful production team are looking for fun, enthusiastic singers and dancers to bring this crowd-pleasing musical to life. There's extravagant costumes, castles, dragons, swamps, and more. Join us as Shrek, Fiona, Donkey and an array of fairy tale creatures sing and dance in a land far, far away. We're believers ... you should be too. Shrek the Musical boasts a medium sized cast with many speaking and singing roles.
No experience necessary. Quick As A Wink prides itself on taking actors of all skill levels, from first timers to experienced actors, and teaching skills required to perform for a live audience. Our mission includes the education of community members in theatre and performing arts!
When: Auditions will be held the following time:
Saturday, May 5 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at King's-Edgehill School, Windsor, NS
Sunday, May 6 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Evangeline Middle School, New Minas, NS
Where: KES and EMS, see above
What is Expected: Please plan to attend the entire audition time on your evening of choice. Those interested in a speaking role will be asked to perform readings with other auditioners. Monologue not required, but there will be cold readings available. All those auditioning should prepare a 30-second excerpt from a musical theatre number. This should be prepared a capella. This show is looking for actors 13 and up to audition.
- Director Mike Butler. Music Director Michael Nelson. Produced by Jeannie and David Myles per Quick As A Wink Theatre Society.
- Rehearsals are scheduled for Sundays from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., starting with notice, after cast is selected.
- Show dates will be October 11, 12, 13, 19, 20 at 7 p.m. with special 2 p.m. matinees October 13, 14, 20.
- There may be one rehearsal between the two show weekends.
- Full attendance during the rehearsal process and during production week is a requirement. Attendance concerns should be brought to the attention of the director well in advance of the conflict date.
- All participants will be given a rehearsal schedule. Conflicts should be brought to the attention of the director immediately upon receipt of this schedule.
- Questions can be addressed to the producer, Jeannie Myles, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit QAAW.ca or follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more information and updates!
There are several speaking roles available. Varying ages of male and female characters. This show will accept auditions from anyone aged 13 and up. Speaking roles are for teens and adults.
Anyone within the age range may request to audition for any role; the director will use discretion in who s/he sees for specific auditions. The director may cast actors in opposite-gender roles as s/he sees fit.
3 LITTLE PIGS
FAIRYTALE CREATURES – PETER PAN, WOLF, WICKED WITCH, FAIRY GOD MOTHER, THREE BEARS, ETC
CAPTAIN OF THE GUARDS
Volunteer Positions Available:
Costume Team - We are need of several volunteers to help sew and design costumes, as well as go shopping at second hand stores looking for specific items.
Scenic Designer - We are in need of someone to design and to take the lead on the scenic painting team.
Scenic Painters - We are in need of several painters for set scenes
Fundraising Captain - Someone to organize and track the fundraising goals
Set Construction - We are always looking for new volunteers to help the team build the set.
Front of House - Volunteers needed to work with Jan and Yvonne, our FOH Managers.
Back Stage Crew - Move sets, organize props, manage actor entrances and exits.
So much more... - email email@example.com if you can help in any way!