Auditions for The Mousetrap
A play by agatha christie
Quick As A Wink Theatre Society is holding open auditions for their upcoming production of The Mousetrap (a play by Agatha Christie).
The Mousetrap, directed by David Myles and Pam Moore, will require a small cast with a no ensemble. Anyone who wishes to participate in this play must audition. Roles will be given out as available.
No experience necessary. Quick As A Wink prides itself on taking actors of all skill levels, from first timers to experienced actors, and teaching skills required to perform for a live audience. Our mission includes the education of community members in theatre and performing arts!
When: Auditions will be held the following time:
Thursday, October 19, 2017 from 6-8 p.m.
Where: Falmouth Elementary School, School Street in Falmouth, NS
What is Expected: Please plan to attend the entire audition time on your evening of choice. Those interested in a speaking role will be asked to perform readings with other auditioners. Monologue not required, but there will be cold readings available.
- Director David Myles and Pam Moore. Produced by Jeannie Myles per Quick As A Wink Theatre Society.
- Rehearsals will be Wednesday evenings, starting in late October.
- Show dates will be 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 at 7 p.m. with special 2 p.m. matinees Mar 17, 18, 23.
- There may be one rehearsal between the two show weekends.
- Full attendance during the rehearsal process and during production week is a requirement. Attendance concerns should be brought to the attention of the director well in advance of the conflict date.
- All participants will be given a rehearsal schedule. Conflicts should be brought to the attention of the director immediately upon receipt of this schedule.
- Questions can be addressed to Directors, David Myles and Pam Moore, at email@example.com.
- Visit QAAW.ca or follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more information and updates!
There are 8 speaking roles available. Varying ages of male and female characters. This show will accept auditions from anyone 16 years and older.
Anyone may request to audition for any role; the director will use discretion in who s/he sees for specific auditions. The director may cast actors in opposite-gender roles as s/he sees fit.
Mollie Ralston – Proprietor of Monkswell Manor, and wife of Giles.
Giles Ralston – Husband of Mollie who runs Monkswell Manor with his wife.
Christopher Wren – The first guest to arrive at the hotel, Wren is a hyperactive young man who acts in a very peculiar manner. He admits he is running away from something, but refuses to say what. Wren claims to have been named after the architect of the same name by his parents.
Mrs Boyle – A critical older woman who is pleased by nothing she observes.
Major Metcalf – Retired from the army, little is known about Major Metcalf.
Miss Casewell – A strange, aloof, masculine woman who speaks offhandedly about the horrific experiences of her childhood.
Mr Paravicini – A man of unknown provenance, who turns up claiming his car has overturned in a snowdrift. He appears to be affecting a foreign accent and artificially aged with make-up.
Detective Sergeant Trotter – The detective role during the play. He arrives in a snow storm and questions the proprietors and guests.
Volunteer Positions Available:
Costume Team - We are need of several volunteers to help sew and design costumes, as well as go shopping at second hand stores looking for specific items.
Scenic Designer - We are in need of someone to design and to take the lead on the scenic painting team.
Scenic Painters - We are in need of several painters for set scenes
Fundraising Captain - Someone to organize and track the fundraising goals
Set Construction - We are always looking for new volunteers to help the team build the set.
Front of House - Volunteers needed to work with Jan and Yvonne, our FOH Managers.
Back Stage Crew - Move sets, organize props, manage actor entrances and exits.
So much more... - email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help in any way!