Auditions for Seussical
music by stephen flaherty
Lyrics by lynn ahrens
book by lynn ahrens and stephen flaherty
co-conceived by lynn ahrens, stephen flaherty, and eric idle
based on the works of dr. seuss
suessical is presented through special arrangement with music theatre international (mti)
all authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI
Quick As A Wink Theatre Society is holding open auditions for their upcoming production of Seussical.
Seussical, directed by Becca Guilderson, will require an ensemble cast. Anyone who wishes to participate in this play must audition. Roles will be given out as available, and the ensemble roles will be given to anyone who wishes to participate.
No experience necessary. Quick As A Wink prides itself on taking actors of all skill levels, from first timers to experienced actors, and teaching skills required to perform for a live audience. Our mission includes the education of community members in theatre and performing arts!
When: Auditions will be held the following time:
February 6 and 7 from 6-8 p.m.
Callbacks will take place on February 10 from 12-2 p.m.
Where: Falmouth Elementary School, School Street in Falmouth, NS
What is Expected: Please plan to attend the entire audition time on your evening of choice. Those interested in a speaking role will be asked to perform readings with other auditioners. Monologue not required, but there will be cold readings available. All those auditioning should prepare a 30-second excerpt from a pop song or a musical theatre number. This should be prepared a capella.
- Director Becca Guilderson. Produced by Jennifer Alexander per Quick As A Wink Theatre Society.
- Rehearsals will be Saturdays from 10-2 p.m., starting with notice, after rehearsals.
- Show dates will be May 31, June 1, 2, 8, 9 at 7 p.m. with special 2 p.m. matinees June 2, 3, 9.
- There may be one rehearsal between the two show weekends.
- Full attendance during the rehearsal process and during production week is a requirement. Attendance concerns should be brought to the attention of the director well in advance of the conflict date.
- All participants will be given a rehearsal schedule. Conflicts should be brought to the attention of the director immediately upon receipt of this schedule.
- Questions can be addressed to Director, Becca Guilderson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit QAAW.ca or follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more information and updates!
There are several speaking roles available. Varying ages of male and female characters. This show will accept auditions from anyone. Most speaking roles are for teens and adults, with the exception of a few child roles.
Anyone may request to audition for any role; the director will use discretion in who s/he sees for specific auditions. The director may cast actors in opposite-gender roles as s/he sees fit.
THE CAT IN THE HAT
YERTLE THE TURTLE
GENERAL GENGUS KHAN SCHMITZ
Volunteer Positions Available:
Costume Team - We are need of several volunteers to help sew and design costumes, as well as go shopping at second hand stores looking for specific items.
Scenic Designer - We are in need of someone to design and to take the lead on the scenic painting team.
Scenic Painters - We are in need of several painters for set scenes
Fundraising Captain - Someone to organize and track the fundraising goals
Set Construction - We are always looking for new volunteers to help the team build the set.
Front of House - Volunteers needed to work with Jan and Yvonne, our FOH Managers.
Back Stage Crew - Move sets, organize props, manage actor entrances and exits.
So much more... - email email@example.com if you can help in any way!